Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Weekly Newsletter

Glimpses of Glendale
Glendale Lutheran Church Newsletter
March 18, 2021
The last two weekends have felt more like it did before Covid. We averaged 60 on Sunday and 20 on Saturday. We are still able to social distance and sit in every other pew. We are still singing less than we used to but the voices are stronger. Kids were all over the place and even their screaming was a missed sound. God is bringing us through this tough season.

It made me and the elders come to the conclusion that we should add an Easter service. Our usual service time will remain 9:15am but then there will be the same service at 10:30am. This will allow for the influx of guests and Saturday night regulars. Those who are worried about a fuller first service can come to the second.

I mentioned this on Sunday in the announcements but I hear from other pastors that some people are not returning because they feel scared or guilty. If you are feeling scared, that is totally understandable. Come back to services when God tells you that you are ready. If you are feeling guilty know that God forgives you. Also, it may not be guilt you are feeling but loss or discomfort. Loss is because you’ve missed us and we’ve missed you. Discomfort is because it takes time to get used to being around so many people again even if they are your church family.

I have guilt also. Like you, I’ve never dealt with a pandemic before. I’m sure there are members who needed me and I didn’t know. I’ve tried to keep everyone connected but I’ve failed. Please forgive me. For those who have been watching service online and are ready to reconnect, give me a call. I’d love to talk with you. For those who aren’t ready to come to service, know that I’m more than willing to come to you with communion and conversation. Thanks for being a wonderful congregation.
Please wear a mask during worship services.
Daily Bible Reading
Easter Lilies!

Order your Easter lilies now! The cost is $7.00 per plant. Forms are by the mailboxes, or you can email or call Michelle in the church office with the number of plants and dedication you'd like, and put the check in my mailbox next time you're in the building.
Financial Update
Next Sunday's Bible Readings
Zechariah 9:9-12; Philippians 2:5-11; Mark 14:1—15:47
Worship Leaders 3/21
Lector: Beth Nicolaus
Communion: Andy Ortstadt
S/V: Ken Clark
Bible Class S/V: Tony Petzoldt
Usher: Mike Toney
Worship Leaders 3/28
Lector: Marcia Hempel
Communion: Mike Toney
S/V: Tony Petzoldt
Bible Class S/V: Mike Murphy
Usher: John Steele
The Word Within the Word