Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Worship Bulletin

Midweek Advent Worship

December 7, 2022

6:30pm

+ ADVENT PROMISES +

 

Prelude

 

Greeting and Welcome

 

Lighting of the Candles

 

Call to Worship and Invocation

P: Lift up your heads and open your eyes,

C: For He is coming!

P: Who is coming?

C: The King of Glory!

P: Praise and honor to the One who comes as King,

C: Who comes in the name of the Lord.

P: In the name of the Father and of the + Son and of the Holy Spirit.

C: Amen.

P: He came as a baby in a manger.

C: Come, Lord Jesus.

P: Let us open our hearts to Him,

C: And walk in His ways.

P: He will come again to take us to Himself in heaven.

C: Come, Lord Jesus.

 

Promise - Isaiah 7:10–14

Again the Lord spoke to Ahaz, “Ask a sign of the Lord your God; let it be deep as Sheol or high as heaven.” But Ahaz said, “I will not ask, and I will not put the Lord to the test.” And he said, “Hear then, O house of David! Is it too little for you to weary men, that you weary my God also? Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

 

Advent Song – Oh, Come, Oh, Come, Emmanuel (AGPS 186)

 

Oh, come, oh, come, Emmanuel,

And ransom captive Israel,

That mourns in lonely exile here

Until the Son of God appear.

Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel

Shall come to thee, O Israel.

 

Oh, come, O Rod of Jesse’s stem,

From ev’ry foe deliver them

That trust Your mighty pow’r to save;

Bring them in vict’ry through the grave.

Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel

Shall come to thee, O Israel.

 

Fulfillment - Matthew 1:18–25

Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit. And her husband Joseph, being a just man and unwilling to put her to shame, resolved to divorce her quietly. But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.” All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet: “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means, God with us). When Joseph woke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him: he took his wife, but knew her not until she had given birth to a son. And he called his name Jesus.

 

Advent Song – There Is a Name I Love to Hear (AGPS 236, verses 1-2)

 

There is a name I love to hear;

I love to sing its worth.

It sounds like music in my ear,

The sweetest sound on earth. Refrain

 

Refrain:  Oh, how I love Jesus,

              Oh, how I love Jesus,

              Oh, how I love Jesus,

              Because He first loved me!

 

It tells me of a Savior’s love,

Who died to set me free.

It tells me of His precious blood,

The sinner’s perfect plea.  Refrain

 

Message – “Advent Promises: A Divine Sign”

 

Prayer

 

Luther’s Evening Prayer

I thank you, my heavenly Father, through Jesus Christ, Your dear Son, that You have graciously kept me this day; and I pray that You would forgive me all my sins where I have done wrong and graciously keep me this night. For into Your hands I commend myself, my body and soul, and all things. Let your holy angels be with me, that the evil foe may have no power over me. Amen.


Lord’s Prayer

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name, Thy kingdom come,

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven; give us this day our daily bread;

and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;

and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever. Amen.

 

Blessing

 

Hymn of the Evening – Go, My Children, with My Blessing (AGPS 102, verses 1, 4)

 

Go, My children, with My blessing, never alone;

Waking, sleeping, I am with you, you are My own.

In My love’s baptismal river I have made you Mine forever.

Go, My children, with My blessing, you are My own.

 

I the Lord will bless and keep you and give you peace.

I the Lord will smile upon you and give you peace.

I the Lord will be your Father, Savior, Comforter and Brother.

Go, My children, I will keep you and give you peace.                 

 

+ + +

  

+ WORSHIP LEADERS +

Preacher/Liturgist – Pastor Steve Albers

Pianist – Janet Leet

Sound/Video – Mike Toney


Acknowledgments
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.