Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Weekly Newsletter

Glimpses of Glendale
Glendale Lutheran Church Newsletter
July 30, 2020
As I said last Sunday, 1/3 of our regular worshippers are at home on Sunday mornings. Our viewership has been consistently around 30 over the last month. I want to thank them for being faithful. In some ways it is harder to stay consistent when you are worshipping online. You are missed and you are with us. Here are some tips on getting the most out of worship at home:

1.  Get dressed up or at least dressed. (Hat Tip to my mom)
This helps the experience to feel special and unlike the other days of the week.

2.  Go out on your porch. (Hat Tip to the Cosbys)
It’s always a joy to worship God in the midst of nature.

3.  Drink Coffee
You might as well enjoy the benefits of things you can't do in the sanctuary.

4. Have your Bible Open during the service.
This is also something I recommend for those in the sanctuary.

5. Don’t worry about the little ones being still.
Get them to focus on the children’s message and a few other parts.

6. Read out loud.
The Bible does something to you when you read out loud.

7. Have the broadcast on one device and the bulletin on another.
Or just print out the bulletin.

8. Text me your prayer requests.
You also can vocalize your prayers during that time in the service.

9. Watch the Bible class
This can be done anytime during the week.

Just remember that you are loved and cherished at Glendale Lutheran. The forgiveness you received at your baptism continues through all of this separation and crises. We will see you soon. If you need anything call me on my cell at 805-345-6658.
Please wear a mask during worship services.
Daily Bible Reading
A Note from our New Choir Director
Friends, are you interested in music, even a little bit? This might be a good year for you to get involved. Because of COVID-19 safety measures, the choir program will need to look different than it ever has before. I’ve been putting together some thoughts about options and welcome your input. Please email or call me to let me know you’re interested in any of the options below if I haven’t already reached out to you. I’m hoping we’ll have enough interest that we can schedule "shifts" of rehearsals on Wednesday evenings so that we can maintain social distancing. We will wear masks whenever possible (see below). I’m planning for special music at least twice a month and weekly Wednesday evening rehearsals. However, if committing to weekly rehearsals for the whole year doesn’t work well for you, don’t let that keep you from contacting me. I can be flexible. I’m planning to start rehearsing in late August and start music in services in September.

  • Handbells (We can use anywhere from 4 to 10 people; if you can count to 4 and want to play, you’re welcome! We’ll wear masks the whole time, and we can use enough tables to be socially distanced.)

  • Solo singing, duet singing

  • Mini choir

  • If you’d rather wait and sing with the whole choir once it is safer to do so, please still take the time to contact me so that I have your information.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you! 

Jane Robinson
robinsonjane@me.com
314-602-7368
Next Sunday's Bible Readings
Job 38:4-18; Romans 10:5-17; Matthew 14:22-33
Worship Leaders 8/2
Lector: Phyllis Phelps
Communion: Steve Phelps
S/V: Ken Clark
Bible Class S/V: Mike Murphy
Worship Leaders 8/9
Lector: Marcia Hempel
Communion: John Steele
S/V: Mike Toney
Bible Class S/V: Jerry Nicolaus
The Word Within the Word